Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
September 27, 2020 [printfriendly]
Desserts can be decadent and unhealthy. This dessert/snack is neither. It is delicious and satisfying – at least for my taste. You could think of this as the filling for an apple pie without the dough and without the junk. If you had ½ apple as a personal serving, it would provide about 11 grams of net carbs.
- 2 Tbs Ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 2 Apples (I prefer Fuji), sliced and cubed
- 1/2 Cup “4505 Cracklin Crumbles” (crumbled pork rinds)
- Raw honey
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Add ghee (or butter) into saucepan and set temperature to medium heat
- Add apples. Stir well, cover, and cook apples until soft (10-12 minutes)
- Sprinkle pork rind crumbles and mix
- Serve warm or out of the refrigerator
- Place apple crisp into serving dish and top with a dollop of raw honey
- If you want, add some heavy cream (optional)
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.