Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
October 3, 2021
Traditional pancakes were one of my favorite foods for breakfast before embracing my Better Belly Blueprint way of eating. This recipe changed everything for me when it came to delicious pancakes – without the junk! I make these pancakes for my days when I cycle out of ketosis and into a carb burning mode. And I add a super delicious and nutritious treat – fresh organic whole blueberries. You’ve got to try these and judge for yourself.
- 2 Green plantains
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract (amount based on taste)
- 3 Tablespoons of Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt
- Organic blueberries (optional)
- Ghee for the saucepan
- Peel plantains and cut into small pieces (It’s easier to cut them with the peel on in half and half again. Then cut each section lengthwise; finally separate the peel from the meat of the plantain with your fingers.)
- Place plantain pieces and remaining ingredients (except blueberries) into food processor or blender. (I use a NutriBullet Rx.)
- Blend all ingredients into a batter
- Add small amount of ghee to frying pan over medium heat
- Spoon in batter into frying pan until pancake is desired size
- Add as many blueberries as you wish (optional)
- Cook like a regular pancake (After about 2 minutes, the top will form little bubbles just like a regular pancake. Flip it and cook the other side for another minute or so until done.)
- Repeat for additional pancakes (Add additional ghee to the pan each time before the batter for another pancake; remaining batter can be refrigerated for a week)
- Eat plain (Or, top with fresh fruit, butter, raw honey, or whatever makes you happy! Sometimes, I spread liver pâté on the surface of the pancake for an unusual and nutritious meal.)
Schedule a ”30-Minute Free Consult” with me to answer some of your questions and determine if we are a good fit for a coaching program! CLICK HERE.
If you don’t want to miss out on new posts, sign up for my “Belly Bites” Newsletter HERE.
Two many carbs for me I will stick to Chaffles
We love these, have been making them about once a month since you first posted this recipes years ago. Yumm. We just eat them as they are no toppings needed.