Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
April 18, 2021
I live in Charleston, SC. We have a Lowcountry Boil that has shrimp, sausage, and a bunch of other things that are not the healthiest ingredients. So, I came up with a Carnivore dish that I call my Carnivore Charleston Boil.
Give it a try.
- 1 16.9-oz carton of grass-fed beef bone broth from Kettle & Fire
- 1/2 14-oz package of Pederson’s Whole30 Kielbasa Sausage
- 1 Lb wild caught shrimp
- 1 Cup pork rinds (I use 4505 Cracklins), broken into small pieces
- Empty carton of Kettle & Fire bone broth into a saucepan; simmer for about 20 minutes to reduce the volume to half
- Slice kielbasa into discs and add into saucepan
- Add pieces of pork rinds to bone broth in saucepan
- Boil or steam shrimp separately and then add into saucepan just before serving (you don’t want to overcook the shrimp, or they will get rubbery)
- Ladle out into soup bowls and enjoy
Check out my training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.