Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
February 20, 2022 [printfriendly]
A great morning drink to sip on and bring you into ketosis.
Chamomile tea is refreshing and great to “doctor up” to make it a fat-burning, ketone-producing drink.
As an alternative to morning coffee, I steep and blend it first thing in the morning. I pour a cup for me and store the remainder in my Thermos. Then I’ll drink it over the next couple of hours.
When I test my ketones in the morning after a previous carb-burning day, they register “0 ACEs” on my Breath Ketone Monitor. Then when I test it again 2 hours later after drinking my Chamomile Ketosis Tea, my ketones will register about “14 ACEs”. I’m in ketosis, and I love it!
- 3 cups natural spring water
- 3 Chamomile tea bags
- 4 Tbs Ghee (you may want to start with less to see how your gut feels if this is the first time you’ve tried this)
- 2 Tbs MCT oil (you may want to start with less to see how your gut feels if this is the first time you’ve tried this)
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour boiling water over Chamomile tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes
- Add Ghee and MCT oil and blend with a stick blender
- Pour into a mug to drink, and store remainder in Thermos
- Get ready to measure your ketones levels in a couple of hours
Schedule a ”30-Minute Free Consult” with me to answer some of your questions and determine if we are a good fit for a coaching program! CLICK HERE.
If you don’t want to miss out on new posts, sign up for my Free “Belly Bites” Newsletter and receive your free copy of Dr Al’s “5 Things That Could Be Impacting Your Health Right Now” HERE.