Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
June 13, 2021
Liver is my go-to organ food. All the others are important, but liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
This recipe is reminiscent of my “Momma’s chopped chicken liver” in days gone by. It’s great either as a side or as a stand-alone main dish.
You could substitute beef liver if you preferred.
The photo includes some fresh, organic strawberries from a local farm.
- 1 Lb pastured chicken livers, washed and dried with paper towel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs suet or ghee
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and cut into pieces
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 Tbs Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo – optional
- Heat suet or ghee in saucepan
- Add chopped onion and sauté; add salt to taste
- Add liver and cook livers until medium rare inside
- Place onions, liver, and eggs into chopper and chop (I use the Cuisinart Chopper/Grinder)
- If you want, you could add 1 tablespoon on Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo to chopped liver to make smoother and more moist.
- Salt to taste
Check out my training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.
I have been following your website since September 2018. I have read how you been able to live a healthy life. I have read about you challenges and struggles and how you arrived to recovery.
My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The Dr said it’s not spread to the bone. He is taking medication. To help shrink the tumor.
I want to help him by providing a nutrition-based treatment such as what you followed.
What do you recommend I do? What kinds of foods can I prepare for him?
I am an RDA and an Oral Health educator.I just wanted to let you know I am in the same profession.
I appreciate you for inspiring many.
Here is a link to my current Unconventional Cancer Protocols: https://drdanenberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Unconventional-Cancer-Protocols-5.27.21.pdf
If you are interested, we could set up a one-on-one virtual consult or coaching program. Here is a link to set this up with me: https://drdanenberg.com/consultations/offer-timerate/