Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
June 13, 2021
Liver is my go-to organ food. All the others are important, but liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
This recipe is reminiscent of my “Momma’s chopped chicken liver” in days gone by. It’s great either as a side or as a stand-alone main dish.
You could substitute beef liver if you preferred.
The photo includes some fresh, organic strawberries from a local farm.
- 1 Lb pastured chicken livers, washed and dried with paper towel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs suet or ghee
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and cut into pieces
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 Tbs Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo – optional
- Heat suet or ghee in saucepan
- Add chopped onion and sauté; add salt to taste
- Add liver and cook livers until medium rare inside
- Place onions, liver, and eggs into chopper and chop (I use the Cuisinart Chopper/Grinder)
- If you want, you could add 1 tablespoon on Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo to chopped liver to make smoother and more moist.
- Salt to taste
Check out my training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.