Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
February 7, 2021
Here is an unusual recipe. It’s not a food that I created from a bunch of ingredients in my kitchen. It is a recipe to make your own hydrating water. You can find much more information and science on the Himalayan Crystal Salt Website. This hydrating water is called SOLE (pronounced “So-Lay”).
Himalayan salt crystals are mined from the remote reaches of the Himalayan Mountains. The crystals were created 250 million years ago from ancient oceans and then trapped after tectonic plate movement and subsequent evaporation. These crystals have been assayed and found to contain 84 trace minerals that are biologically active. This is a natural way to nourish and hydrate the cells of your body daily.
- Himalayan Salt Crystal Stones
- Wide-mouth glass jar with cheesecloth covering
- Natural spring water
- Add Himalayan stones halfway up glass jar
- Fill jar with natural spring water
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth to protect the liquid in the jar; secure with rubber band
- Allow 24 hours for water to become supersaturated with trace minerals (known as SOLE)
- Add 1 tsp of SOLE to 8 oz of spring water every morning and drink on an empty stomach (wait 30 minutes before eating and 60 minutes before drinking tea or coffee)
- Refill the jar with natural spring water as water is consumed
- Add additional Himalayan stones as they dissolve
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.