Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
February 21, 2021
This is bigger than a burger and smaller than a meatloaf. I call it my “Mini Meatloaf”. And I make it in my favorite grilling device – the Ninja Foodi Grill (AG 301 Series). I used the “Grill Grate”, which is one of the interchangeable parts of the Ninja.
My ingredients make these mini-meatloaves unusually nutritious! I add collagen peptides, desiccated organ complex and bone marrow as well as a few other goodies. I also add a few ingredients that are not 100% animal-based – a little onion and a few Shiitake mushrooms (these help to keep it pleasingly moist).
- 2 Tbs tallow (lard or Ghee)
- 1/2 Medium onion – chopped
- 1/4 Cup slightly chopped Shitake mushroom caps
- 1/4 Tsp Kelp Granules for iodine (I use Sea Seasonings brand) in my Food Products Page
- 1 Lb grass-fed and grass-finished ground beef
- 1 Tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 Scoops Collagen Peptides (Vital Proteins) in my Food Products Page
- Powder from 10 caps of Organ Complex (Enviromedica) in my Probiotics and Supplements Page
- Powder from 8 caps of Bone Marrow (Enviromedica) in my Probiotics and Supplements Page
1. Place the tallow, lard, or ghee in a saucepan on low heat
2. Add the onions and mushrooms to the saucepan and sauté until soft; season with Kelp Granules; set aside in saucepan
3. Place ground beef in mixing bowl and add the salt; beaten egg; the onion-mushroom mixture; and powders of the collagen peptides, desiccated organs, and bone marrow
4. Mix thoroughly and form 4 mini meatloaves
5. Make a 1-inch indent with your thumb into the center of the mini meatloaf (this assists the cooking process)
6. Preheat the Ninja Grill for grilling at “High Temp”; set the timer to 7 minutes for medium rare
7. Place the 4 individual mini meatloaves on the preheated “Grill Grate”, which is already inside the “Cooking Pot” in the Ninja Foodi Grill
8. When the timer goes off: Remove, let rest for a minute or so, then enjoy!
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.