Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
August 9, 2020
I talked about my love for pork belly in my recipe for Pork Belly. Here is another dish that is a tasty and nutritious snack. But you could make it a meal if you want.
After baking the chunks, let them cool and put them into the fridge. Eat them when you have the urge. One idea is that you could dip them in the Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo that I list in my Recommended Food Products.
- 1 slice of pork belly
- 2 chicken thighs (with skin-on but bone removed)
- Himalayan salt
1. Cut the chicken thighs into chunks (on left) and the pork belly into chunks (on right)
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
3. Place chunks one-layer thick in a roasting pan to collect fat drippings
4. Season with Himalayan salt
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes until browned and crisp (there will be extremely hot rendered fat in the bottom of the roasting pan)
6. Place baked chunks in a bowl lined with paper towels to absorb the excess fat
7. Eat now or refrigerate and eat as a cold snack anytime!
My kids are some protein eaters, and they’d love this for breakfast sometime! Thanks for the idea!