Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
October 11, 2020
If you used to love noodles, here is an option that may be satisfying. This dish is basically boiled shrimp that is tossed with a little Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo and Shirataki Noodles (i.e. Miracle Noodle).
Shirataki noodles are not your typical high carb noodles. They are made from a substance called glucomannan that comes from the konjac root. Glucomannan is a soluble fiber that absorbs a lot of water. Noodles made from glucomannan flour are actually about 3% fiber and 97% water. They have less than 1 gram of net carbs in a 3.5 ounce serving.
- 1 lb peeled raw shrimp
- 2 Tbs Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
- 1 Package of Shirataki Noodles
- Prepare shirataki noodles according to the package directions
- Bring salted water to boil
- Add shrimp to boiling water and quickly remove after 1 minute (It is important not to overcook shrimp)
- Place shirataki noodles in bowl, add cooked shrimp, and toss with Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.