Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
November 20, 2016
Apples have been studied for their anti-inflammatory benefits and their ability to improve the gut microbiome. This recipe is so easy. I make a big batch of it by tripling the ingredients. My wife and I love eating this frequently. One cup equals about two apples, which are the ideal amount to create anti-inflammatory benefits in the body. I’ve added sliced pears and watermelon as garnish.
- 12 Organic apples
- Water for steamer pot
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- Core apples with peels on, and cut them into small pieces.
- Place apples into covered steamer, and steam for about 20 minutes until apples are soft.
- Place steamed apples into heavy-duty blender like a Vitamix® or Nutribullet®.
- Add cinnamon and blend mixture to desired consistency.
- Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top or add whole fruit if desired.