Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
January 19, 2018
My favorite grain-free bread is my recipe, Al’s Almond Bread. However, this cashew bread is my second favorite. It is moist and tasty. And, it is quick and easy to make. However, it has more net carbs than Al’s Almond Bread.
There are only 6 ingredients in this recipe. As with my almond bread, I add Kelp Granules. These provide necessary micronutrients found in kelp seaweed. They especially provide iodine, which is missing in sea salt and most recipes. I use Maine Coast Sea Seasonings Kelp Granules, which are available on Amazon in a package of 6 “shakers” for a great price.
You can use 1 cup of organic cashew butter from the grocery store. Or, you could use 2 cups of organic cashews and blend them together with the other ingredients slowly in a Vitamix or another blender.
This recipe should provide about 16 slices of bread for you and your family. Each slice has approximately 5 grams of protein and 4.3 grams of net carbs (4.6 g carbs – 0.3 g fiber).
Al’s Cashew Bread
- 1 cup organic cashew butter (or 2 cups of organic cashews)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kelp Granules
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients into a Vitamix or other blender
- Blend together by “pulsing” until smooth
- Transfer batter to a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (I use homemade Ghee to grease pan)
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes
- Cool for 2 hours
- Slice and serve; great toasted!