Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
February 22, 2017
Healthy goodies in one simple drink! I incorporate my bone broth recipe with raw honey, ground ginger, and coconut cream to create bone broth fusion. I purchase raw honey from a local beekeeper, and I use my bone broth recipe. I also use an egg yolk, which acts as an emulsifier to thoroughly combine the bone broth with the coconut cream.
Bone Broth Fusion
- 2 Cups warm bone broth
- 1/2 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs raw honey (adjust amount for desired sweetness)
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream*
- 1 Pastured, raw egg yolk
- Fresh strawberries as garnish
- Gently warm bone broth in a saucepan over low heat. Only warm; not hot!
- Place bone broth to mixing bowl and add ginger, raw honey, coconut cream, and raw egg yolk.
- Blend with a stick blender.
- Pour into glasses, and garnish with fresh strawberries.
* Put 1 can of coconut milk into the freezer for about 5 minutes. This will allow the coconut “cream” to separate from the milk and solidify. Then, open the can and scoop out the “cream” to use for this recipe. There should be approximately 1/2 cup of coconut cream. (I use the 13.5-ounce can of Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Milk, which is only water and organic coconut – no other ingredients.)