Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
November 1, 2017
I tell all my patients that a healthy plate of food is made up of more that 50% non-starchy vegetables; less than 25% healthy animal protein with its healthy fat, and less than 25% nuts, seeds, small starchy vegetable, and/or healthy fruit. Here is a perfect meal that is easy to prepare, colorful, and very healthy.
Easy, Nutrient-dense Salad
- Mustard greens, chopped
- Sardines, bone-in and skin-on
- Avocado, sliced
- Sauerkraut, live culture
- Pomegranate arils
- Pumpkin seeds and almonds, raw and soaked overnight
- Olive oil
- Kelp granules (I use Maine Coast Sea Seasonings’ Organic Kelp Granules)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put in bowl and enjoy! How easy is that?