Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
October 9, 2017
I love my coffee. And I love to “spice” it up. This is a great coffee treat anytime of the year, but October and November seem to be the months when everyone thinks about pumpkins.
By definition, a “latte” is made with espresso coffee and hot steamed milk. You could make my Pumpkin Spice Latte that way, but I don’t. I start off with a high-quality, organic, dark-roast coffee bean that I use in a French Press. Then, I add coconut cream, but I do not steam it. The remaining ingredients go in, and I whip it up.
Also, I do not use any sweetener in my coffee. But for those wanting their “latte” a little sweet, monk fruit powder works well without adding calories or sugar.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 Cups organic brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/4 Cup coconut cream (4 Tbs) – (I use Trader Joe’s organic coconut cream, which does not have any added thickeners)
- 2 Tbs pumpkin puree (I use Trader Joe’s organic pumpkin puree)
- 1/4 – 1/2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/8 Tsp pure monk fruit powder (luo han guo) – (I have used Pure Monk from Julian Bakery)
- Combine all ingredients and blend with stick blender until frothy
- If you want to get fancy, top off with a dollop of coconut cream and garnish with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice
If you don’t want to miss out on new posts, sign up for my email alert list here.