Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS • Nutritional Periodontist
September 28, 2016 [printfriendly]
So easy! So creamy! So good! All the ingredients are organic and healthy. This is a great soup anytime of the year. Since tomato soups can be too acidic for many people’s taste, I have added some baking soda to neutralize some of the excessive acid. My wife and I love this. You may too. I have topped it with a dollop of coconut cream and some fresh chopped basil. Yum!
For variety and a different taste sensation, try serving it chilled!
Tomato, Coconut, Basil Soup
- 1 Can (13.5-oz) organic coconut milk (I used Trader Joe’s brand that has no thickeners)
- 1 Can (14.5-oz) organic roasted tomatoes with organic green chiles (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 Can (6-oz) organic tomato paste
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 25 Fresh organic basil leaves, finely chopped
- Optional: Coconut cream and chopped fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and heat to boiling
- Allow to cool and serve
- Optional toppings: coconut cream and freshly chopped basil