Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
January 17, 2021 [printfriendly]
Here I am showing off my Beef Liver Jerky snack. What a unique way to get some of your organs for the day!
I’m having fun and being creative with my Ninja Foodi Grill (AG/IG300 Series). I used the “Crisper Basket”, which is one of the interchangeable parts of the grill, to make Beef Liver Jerky.
This is a great snack and a great addition to a meal. Easy to do, but it takes a long time. – 6 hours in the “dehydrator” mode. After it cools, it gets crispy and tasty. However, those who don’t like the taste of beef liver will not be fans of my liver jerky.
I had my local butcher cut grass-fed frozen beef liver into ½-inch slabs. I then cut ¼-inch slices from the slab.
- Frozen raw beef liver, cut into 16 ¼-inch slices (easier to slice when liver is frozen)
- Himalayan salt
- Cut the individual ¼-inch slivers of frozen beef liver
- Assemble slivers of liver in the Crisper Basket and salt
- Place the “Crisper Basket” inside the “Cooking Pot” in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- Set the Ninja Foodi Grill on “dehydrator” mode and set temperature to “150 degrees” for “6 hours”
- After dehydrating for 6 hours and the timer sounds, set the Ninja on “Roast” at “330 degrees” for “1 minute”
- Remove the liver jerky and set aside to cool (once it cools, it will get crispy)
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.