Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
May 2, 2021 [printfriendly]
I am experimenting and came up with this interesting carnivore dish – bone marrow and suet rolled into beef pinwheels.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 3-4 large beef marrow bones, split lengthwise (canoe cut), roasted
- 2 tablespoons raw beef suet
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Lay out trimmed flank steak on cutting board
- Use meat tenderizer mallet to thin flank steak
- Align flank steak so that the grain is horizontal and salt to taste
- Scoop out marrow from roasted marrow bones and spread on surface of flank steak
- Crumble pieces of solid beef suet over bone marrow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Roll flank steak (like a sushi roll) so that the grain is running from end to end of the roll
- Cut the roll into ¼ inch pinwheels and secure with toothpick
- Place pinwheels on parchment paper on baking sheet (this baking sheet was used to roast marrow bones)
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Check out my training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.