Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
August 23, 2020 [printfriendly]
Short ribs are delicious. Yet they are a “tough cut” of meat. But the more collagen, the tougher the meat. And beef short ribs contain bucket loads of collagen. They also contain fat, which makes slow-cooked beef short ribs succulent and healthy. Their fat-to-protein ratio is about 3:5 based in grams.
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Beef bone broth (to cover short ribs in slow cooker)
- Optional: “4505 Cracklins” to add to bone broth from slow cooker to make a soup
- Generously salt short ribs
- Place ribs into slow cooker
- Cover short ribs with beef bone broth
- Slow cook at medium temperature for 8 hours
- Plate and devour.
- In addition, I put some “4505 Cracklins” in a soup bowl, add some of the bone broth from the slow cooker, and have a fantastic bowl of soup with my short ribs
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.