Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
August 15, 2021
I am opinionated and controversial. I guess this has gotten me to where I am today.
Yet, after all my research and personal healing path, I believe I have discovered the 4 Perfect Supplements and the 1 Perfect Diet for myself. But in my opinion, these are also the perfect supplements and diet for most of us humans.
At 74 years old, you would think that I was set in my ways and could never change my routine. Well, not so.
My cancer journey has opened my eyes and challenged me to improve my life. Especially, recreating a robust immune system. That required learning new stuff and discarding old stuff.
So, I now have settled on 4 perfect supplements to consume that support my perfect diet.
4 Perfect Supplements
I don’t like the word “supplements”. It conjures up in my mind a bunch of synthetic chemicals or isolated nutrients taken out of its natural symbiotic source.
My choice of these 4 supplements is sourced from pastured cattle. These are organs that only have had their water removed. There are no additives or chemicals used or put into the capsules. And the capsules are bovine capsules – not vegetable capsules.
And my 4 Perfect Supplements provide practically all the bioavailable nutrients my body requires. My supplements consist of 4 desiccated, whole-food bovine products:
- Organ Complex (“Beef Organs” from Heart & Soil)
- Bone Marrow (“Bone Marrow & Liver” from Heart & Soil)
- Collagen (“Skin, Hair, & Nails” from Heart & Soil)
- Colostrum (“Colostrum-6” from Anovite, which is a multi-level marketing company. But you can purchase this product as a regular customer.)
If you order from Heart & Soil and use this discount code (DrAl10), you’ll receive 10% off any one-time purchase of Heart & Soil’s products.
1. Desiccated Beef Organ Complex
Beef organs usually contain a combination of liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, and spleen – all of which provide essential and bioavailable nutrients to the entire body. Here is a sampling of the nutrients in these organs:
- Liver is the most nutrient dense food on the planet, and it’s the only significant source of vitamin A. Also, it’s rich in heme iron, vitamin B12, and folate. Liver is a key player in metabolism and methylation.
- Heart is the richest source of naturally occurring coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). CoQ10 supports heart health and blood pressure regulation. It also plays an important role in the production of ATP by the mitochondria in cells.
- Kidney is an excellent bio-available source of selenium and vitamin B12. It assists in detoxification pathways and the antioxidant defense system. It also supports the immune system.
- Pancreas is the body’s source of enzymes. It supports blood sugar signaling and supplies an abundance of critical enzymes for optimal digestion.
- Spleen is a concentrated source of heme iron. It supports a strong immune system and aids in blood cell health.
2. Desiccated Beef Bone Marrow
Bone marrow is a nutrient-dense food which is rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K2; essential fatty acids DHA, EPA, and CLA; as well as stem cells, peptides, cofactors, and enzymes that nourish and support our whole body.
In fact, carnivore animals in the wild go for the marrow instinctively after they kill their prey. Also, consuming an abundance of fat in bone marrow significantly enhanced the development of the human brain in our primal ancestors.
3. Desiccated Beef Collagen
Beef collagen is a whole-food matrix that includes cartilage and collagen-specific building blocks, peptides, and enzymes to support healthy joints, bones, cartilage, skin, hair, and nails.
Desiccated collagen is obtained from the cartilaginous parts of cattle including their trachea and scapula. Typically, it includes:
- Glycine, Hydroxyproline & Proline amino acids
- Trachea-Derived Collagen, which is rich in Type II Collagen
- Scapula-Derived Collagen, which is rich In Type II Collagen
- Bone-Derived Collagen, which is rich in Type I, II, III Collagen
- Bioactive Growth Factors
- Glycosaminoglycans Proteoglycans which are the fillers between cells which maintains the structure of the tissue
- Chondroitin Sulfates which lubricate joints
- Trace Minerals
4. Desiccated Beef Colostrum
In an article published in January 2021 in Nutrients, the authors described the elements in bovine colostrum and their benefits for humans.
Pure bovine colostrum is bioactive and nutritionally intact. It includes all the specific vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids to fight disease, destroy pathogens, and promote human growth and cellular repair. I wrote about Colostrum in a previous Blog post.
1 Perfect Diet
Now, let me talk about my perfect diet. Over 2.5 million years of human evolution, it has been the perfect diet for the human species.
A Perfect Diet should provide all the nutrients that our body requires in a bioavailable form with no substances that will hinder the absorption of these nutrients. This is my Perfect Diet.
Dr. Miki Ben-Dor described in his paper that was published in March 2021 that our primal ancestors ate mostly animal products – muscle meat, bones, fat, organs, their blood, and collagenous parts. Occasionally they ate some plants, but their principal diet was what today is called a Carnivore Diet.
Paul Saladino, MD has been one of my mentors regarding the human health benefits of the Carnivore Diet. In his book, Carnivore Code, he goes into exquisite detail citing hundreds of peer-reviewed medical articles to support the benefits of the Carnivore Diet.
I have tweaked the Carnivore Diet to include other researched metabolic pathways to create my Better Belly Blueprint. This is the way I eat. This is how I have helped my immune system to become robust. This is a major protocol in my Unconventional Cancer Protocols that has assisted my body to heal while deal with my cancer journey. This is my Perfect Diet.
Here are the essential points of my Better Belly Blueprint way of eating:
- Eat nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory foods from grass-fed, grass-finished pastured animals – especially beef and lamb – nose-to-tail
- If adding some plants, only include a small number of plants that are low in phytates, lectins, and oxalates
- Drink natural spring water that is replete with trace minerals
- Consume desiccated animal supplements as I listed above to assure receiving all the required nutrients
- Ingest spore-based probiotics to improve the diversity of the gut microbiome
The Way to Health and Healing
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has stated that 60% of the US population has at least one chronic disease and that 70% of all deaths in the US is a result of chronic diseases.
These stats primarily are a result of the lifestyle and diet our society engages. Eating the Perfect Supplements and Perfect Diet will go a long way in helping to prevent chronic diseases.
Check out my training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.