Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
October 18, 2020
Egg salad was always a “go-to” quick food that I ate as a child. But my Mom never made it like this.
Mine is a simple recipe: eggs, ghee, salt, and a surprise addition of pork rind crumbles. The crumbles add a little “crunch”, unique flavor, and texture.
Try it. You can eat it as a meal, a side dish, a snack, or a perfect food to put into a container and take to work. After it is in the refrigerator, the texture becomes drier. To moisten the chilled egg salad, let it come to room temperature and mix in some additional liquid ghee.
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Ghee (room temperature)
- 1/2 Tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Egg yolk (raw)
- 1/4 Cup 4505 Crumbles
- Place 6 eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water
- Cook on high heat for 22 minutes
- Immediately place cooked eggs in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process
- Peel eggs, mash in large bowl, and set aside
- Place egg yolk into a large measuring cup, add ghee and salt, and blend with a fork or a stick blender
- Add egg yolk, ghee, and salt mixture into the mashed eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add 4505 Crumbles to combined egg salad and mix thoroughly
- Adjust salt as necessary
- Serve. If you chill it in the refrigerator, it will become drier. Let it come to room temperature and add additional liquid ghee to moisten.
Check out my new training on the Better Belly Blueprint! You can watch it HERE.