Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
August 30, 2020
Osso Buco is a collagen-rich cut of beef, which includes marrowbone. It’s the best of everything in the animal world in my opinion. It must be cooked slowly to allow the collagen to melt and the meat to fall off the bone. When this collagen is cooked slowly, it melts into gelatin. Gelatin is anti-inflammatory, helps to heal the gastrointestinal tract, and assists in repairing cartilage. And it adds wonderful flavor! As a special treat, you can scoop out the marrow in the bone and gobble it down. Just amazing!
I get my grass-fed, grass-finished Wagyu Osso Buco from Pasture Prime Family Farm in Florida.
- 2-3 lbs osso buco with marrowbone
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Beef bone broth (to cover osso bucco in slow cooker)
- Optional: “4505 Cracklins” to add to bone broth from slow cooker to make a soup
- Generously salt osso buco
- Place osso buco into slow cooker
- Cover osso buco with beef bone broth
- Slowly cook at low temperature for 12 hours
- Plate and devour. Don’t forget to eat the bone marrow inside the bone! (small seafood forks work well to get to it)
- In addition, I put some “4505 Cracklins” in a soup bowl, add some of the bone broth from the slow cooker, and have a fantastic bowl of soup with my osso buco
Schedule a ”30-Minute Free Consult” with me to answer some of your questions and determine if we are a good fit for a coaching program! CLICK HERE.