Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
April 10, 2022 [printfriendly]
You may want to read my Blog about Heavy Whipping Cream to learn the differences in heavy cream, light cream, pasteurization methods, and the health benefits of A2 cattle vs A1 cattle.
And here’s the perfect recipe using heavy whipping cream to make the best whipped cream for a fantastic dessert topping or just eating it with a spoon. It is light yet creamy, soft yet rich, and easy to dollop onto whatever you want.
The secret for this whipped cream rests upon the whipping process. The only important ingredient is the chilled heavy whipping cream.
- 1 cup Chilled heavy whipping cream (will yield about 3 cups of whipped cream)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Seasonal fresh fruit (optional)
- Start with chilled heavy whipping cream that is raw or vat pasteurized; a large, chilled bowl; and a chilled whisk or electric beater. If you use ultra-pasteurized heavy cream, it will take longer to whip.
- Start whisking or beating the cream slowly.
- You could add about 1 tsp of honey if you want sweetened cream. You also could add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract for additional flavor.
- Increase the speed of whipping until the cream forms soft peaks. Soft peaks are those that form in the cream, but the peaks should drop to the side and not hold their shape. If you overbeat the cream, you will create stiff peaks that can become slightly grainy and quickly separate into butter and buttermilk.
- Serve the whipped cream. You could eat it with a spoon by itself, dollop it onto your coffee, or add it to fresh fruit.
- If you have leftover whipped cream, you could store it covered in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
Schedule a ”30-Minute Free Consult” with me to answer some of your questions and determine if we are a good fit for a coaching program! CLICK HERE.
If you don’t want to miss out on new posts, sign up for my Free “Belly Bites” Newsletter and receive your free copy of Dr Al’s “5 Things That Could Be Impacting Your Health Right Now” HERE.