Alvin H. Danenberg, DDS March 21, 2016 [printfriendly]
I thought I would call this only a muffin, but that would give the idea that it was made of some type of flour. It is not. Then, I thought I would call it a soufflé, but that would give the idea that it was a fluffy dessert. It is not. So, the name “soufflé muffin” best describes what it is. As a matter of fact, the only ingredients are fresh berries, eggs, and bananas.
Whatever you call it, it is very good, very different, and very healthy.
Coconut oil to coat silicone muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 400oF
- Coat inside of silicone muffin tray with coconut oil
- Place about 3 raspberries and about 4 blueberries inside each muffin cup
- Add eggs to bananas, mash bananas, and thoroughly mix with hand mixer into a batter
- Pour batter into each muffin cup almost to top (batter is enough for 12 muffins)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 400oF
- After muffins cool, remove from muffin tray and place on paper towels to absorb excess liquid
- Optional: Garnish top of muffins with additional blueberries and raspberries
- Enjoy, but it is best to warm them up! Refrigerate any unused muffins, and warm them before eating. They just taste better warmed.