Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
October 3, 2021
We are all about WELLNESS. At least, most of us say, “I am all about wellness”. But are you spending all your time looking for the one holy grail that guarantees health?
Many of us are searching for this secret chalice, which hopefully will hold the miracle solution. But based on our human evolution, there really are some very simple and basic concepts that always have been true. If you can grasp and implement the 15 tactics which I list later in this article, your pathway to continued health could be assured.
You probably have read many books on the subject. There are gurus all over the Internet and in private practice promoting their ways of doing things to get healthy and stay healthy. No doubt you have seen the gamut from crazy diets to crazy gadgets. And no doubt you have seen the billions of dollars being made by the industry that sells these diets and gadgets.
We are a “gimmick” society.
If it’s a pill that will treat all our ills, we want it. If it is expensive, then it must work better. If enough “famous people” tout its benefits, we jump at the chance to write a check no matter what the science says or what it costs.
And then there are others who believe the more complex and esoteric a remedy or protocol is, the better it must be. Complexity seems to be directly correlated with efficacy.
All these are blatantly untrue. Don’t waste your time seeking out the elusive, exclusive, gimmicky solution.
In the early 14th Century, William of Occam was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher, and theologian. He was reported to say that the best explanation of any phenomenon is the one that makes the fewest assumptions. This is known as “Occam’s Razor”. Essentially, when faced with competing explanations for the same phenomenon, the simplest is likely the correct one.
In my opinion, one thing is clear. The human species has evolved over thousands of years with a genetic blueprint, which has changed very little during this time. In fact, 99.9% of each of us is the same! , What makes you the person you are and what makes me the person I am is the remaining 0.1% of our genetic blueprint.
The simplest rule of thumb would be to follow “mother nature” and give the body what it needs and avoid everything that is in your power that could act as an irritant or a toxic element to the body. Occam’s Razor suggests that the answers are succinct and achievable.
The genetic blueprint is the masterplan. It resides in the DNA within the nucleus of every cell in your body except for mature red blood cells.
The DNA lays out the design plan to manufacture YOU! It’s like the architect’s guide to build YOU! Everything that is part of the physical YOU is in this code. And your genetic code knows what it needs and what it does not need. Don’t play around with your genetic motherboard.
At one extreme in our Blueprint, our DNA is very clear about what it requires to stay alive. We must breathe clean air; eat nutritious food; and drink untainted water. Neglect any of these three requirements, then we surely will be doomed.
At the other extreme, it is just as forceful in telling us what it can’t tolerate. If we put toxic substances into our body, we will suffer. Make no mistake about it. If we insist on challenging our DNA by putting stuff into our body that we never evolved to detox, digest, or rid itself of, then our human machine will suffer, deteriorate, and die.
And it makes no sense to me to search out synthetic preparations to trick the body. These “miracle supplements and concoctions” claim that you can do anything you want to your body because these “miracle supplements” will mop up the toxic stuff that your body can’t handle. I ask you, “Why do this to your ‘human temple’ in the first place?”
Our body is a miraculous creation! Give it what it needs; avoid all the other junk.
It’s that straightforward – Occam’s Razor!
15 Tactics for Wellness
These 15 actions make up a simple statement of facts. Follow these steps. They are the best and cheapest health insurance you could ever buy.
The following 15 proactive tactics provide your genetic code with what it requires. Most importantly, you’ll be avoiding toxic elements that could damage your body. Use my 15 Tactics for Wellness as your guide to overall health.
- Eat nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory foods
- Drink natural spring water replete with trace minerals
- Stay away from packaged foods that include chemicals of any type from any source
- Follow guidelines to maintain a healthy garden of bacteria in your gut
- Efficiently and effectively take care of your mouth knowing that it also has a healthy garden of bacteria that must be maintained and not disturbed or killed off indiscriminately
- Eliminate processed grain products, sugars, and vegetable and seed oils from your diet
- Learn what it means to be “metabolically flexible” so that your body cycles back and forth between a “carbohydrate burning mode” and a “fat burning mode”.
- Determine your 25 Hydroxy Vitamin D blood level and maintain that level between 50-80 ng/mL
- Take desiccated bovine organs and products (i.e., liver, heart, spleen, kidney, pancreas, bone marrow, colostrum) instead of a “multivitamin/mineral supplement”
- Move your body – walk daily, perform body-weight exercises 2-3 times a week; engage in high intensity interval training once every 7-10 days
- Sleep restoratively – approximately 6-8 hours every night
- Reduce emotional stress
- Get out in the sun; walk barefoot on the earth
- Disconnect from daily news broadcasts and other digital devices whenever possible
- Avoid chemicals in personal care and household products
Search My Blogs
I’ve written detailed Blogs supported by peer-reviewed medical articles regarding most of these tactics. You could “search” keywords” on my website to find my specific articles. All of them are easily downloaded and printed.
I’m here if you have specific questions about my 15 tactics. I answer all my emails: Al@DrDanenberg.com.
Schedule a ”30-Minute Free Consult” with me to answer some of your questions and determine if we are a good fit for a coaching program! CLICK HERE.
If you don’t want to miss out on new posts, sign up for my “Belly Bites” Newsletter HERE.