Unconventional Cancer Protocols to Heal My Body
My caveat: I created my protocols from what I learned through my independent research. I don’t make any claims that these will cure cancer or will be beneficial for others to follow. None of these protocols have brought my bone marrow cancer into remission. However, on 5/8/20, my PET Scan showed no active cancer cells in my entire body.
My oncologist is amazed by my progress, especially since I rejected all chemotherapy. However, I did include isolated radiation therapy when I was diagnosed in September 2018 so I could breathe without pain.
My continuing goal is to support the natural healing processes of my body while all along maintaining the quality of my life and enhancing my immune system as best as I can. I have tweaked these 10 protocols frequently along my cancer journey.
1. Eat a healthy diet: I follow my animal-based diet, which I call the Better Belly Blueprint. It is an organic, gluten-free, nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory eating plan. I consume a fat-to-protein ratio measured in grams of approximately 2:1. I eat when I’m hungry and drink when I’m thirsty.
For electrolytes, I drink SOLE (So-Lay) first thing in the morning. Then, I only drink natural spring water during the day and use Himalayan salt to season my food.
I occasionally eat some plants (no more than 10% by volume of my plate of food) that are low in phytates, oxalates, and lectins.
I also cycle out of ketosis once a week by eating approximately 150 grams of carbs for that one day to maintain my Metabolic Flexibility.
In addition to cycling out of ketosis weekly, I do 72-hour, water-only fasts several times a year.
2. Fortify my gut and maintain an intact gut epithelial barrier and robust immune system: I take 2 caps of MegasporeBiotic (from Microbiome Labs). I also take 2 caps of TerraFlora Deep Immune, which also stimulates the production of interferons (IFNs) as well as activates downstream immune cells to support my immune system (from Enviromedica). In addition, I eat 1 tablespoon in the AM and 1 tablespoon in the PM of ProColostrum LD (from Sovereign Labs).
4. Help repair my mitochondria: I use PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) Therapy using the PureWave PEMF mat 3 times a day –
· First thing in the morning: “Vital – 2” for 30 minutes
Afternoon session: “Basis – 2” for 30 minutes
“Relax – 1” for 30 minutes
5. Assure bioavailable, high-quality nutrients from animal organs: On days I am not eating real organs, I take 5 caps of Desiccated Organ Complex and 4 caps of Desiccated Bone Marrow (both from Enviromedica). On days I am not eating collagenous foods, I take 2 scoops of Collagen Peptides (from Vital Proteins).
6. Target specific proteins involved in my cancer: I have included 2 human-derived monoclonal antibody immunotherapies (these are not chemotherapeutic drugs) –
· XGEVA injections attack a protein, which causes my bones to weaken. XGEVA inactivates that protein – (Started on 11/11/19; Ended on 6/16/20).
· Darzalex infusions attack a specific protein on the surface of malignant plasma cells and kills it. It also stimulates the innate immune system to send out macrophages to eat up these malignant plasma cells – (Started on 11/11/19 and continue to take sporadically today). When I have a Darzalex infusion, I am given Tylenol, and Benadryl the day of the therapy and low-dose Dexamethasone for 3-days of declining doses to limit any side effects.
7. Control pain: I take 400 mg or 600 mg of ibuprofen for pain when necessary. My PEMF Therapy has helped reduce my pain.
8. Help prevent colds and flu: I use a Bee Propolis Mouth Spray 4 times a day if I feel any “scratchiness” in my throat (from Beekeeper’s Naturals). If the symptoms of an upper respiratory infection begin, I use Nebulized 0.1% Hydrogen Peroxide Saline ASAP.
9. Strengthen my body: I do arm and leg stretches daily. Based on the condition of my bones, I do modified-pushups and modified-squats several days a week. Also, I walk one mile outside every day, weather permitting. While walking outside, I use a rollator as support if my legs weaken. Once every 7-10 days, I incorporate high intensity interval training (HIIT) by doing rapid sets of anaerobic squats.
10. Reduce stress: I meditate and practice diaphragmatic breathing as well as progressive, total body muscle relaxation.