Dr. Al Danenberg ● Nutritional Periodontist
August 10, 2018
I had the privilege to be interviewed by Katie Wells, better known as the Wellness Mama.
Katie is a mom of six with a background in journalism. Years ago, she took health into her own hands and started researching to find answers to her own health struggles. Her research turned into a blog and podcast. Her website, WellnessMama.com, is one of the most read health websites on the Internet. She’s been called “a thought leader for the current generations of moms”.
The interview was published on 8/9/18. In the interview, we discuss:
- The reason plaque isn’t always bad
- Why our ancestors didn’t get gum disease and we do
- The real reason animals in the wild don’t have tooth decay and domesticated animals do
- A fascinating way that what we eat affects our oral health
- The factor that is just as important as brushing to keep healthy teeth
- How our mouth affects the nitric oxide levels in our body
- The surprising way that certain mouthwash products can raise blood pressure!
- How the gut microbiome affects the oral microbiome
- The three primary and important reasons for dental plaque
- How leaky gut and leaky gums are connected and what to do about it
- How to clean the tongue correctly
It will take about one hour out of your life to listen to the interview. You may find something that you’ve never heard before or something that gets you motivated and excited. Here is the link to the interview.
Dr. Danenberg, thank you for the info you presented in this podcast. You mentioned a specific type of probiotic as being good but I didn’t catch what it’s called. Would you mind letting me know? Thank you!
MegasporeBiotic from Microbiome Labs.
Thank you so much Dr. Danenberg, I appreciate your response.